Prefabricated Steel Structure Sports Center included the demolition of the existing physical education center and construction of a new 29,100 square foot building. With a bent steel roof structure, steel framing and concrete tilt-up construction this facility houses a pool, gymnasium, athletic rooms, general administrative space and main lobby areas. The project was designed and constructed to obtain LEED Silver certification. The mechanical system was designed and engineered to use the pool water to help maintain the heating of the building. This helps reduce the environmental foot print for the building.
Steel pipe truss structure is a new advanced structure developed from space frame. All parts making up a pipe truss structure are steel pipe bars. The pipe bars are connected by the method of welding, having been cut by intersection line cutting machine in advance. The steel pipe truss structure is widely used in the area of large span public buildings, such as exhibition halls, Terminal buildings, Stadium, Theaters, etc. Steel pipe truss structure has the following advantages:
1. Light weight, especially applied as large span structures;
2. Environment friendly and cost efficient;
3. Excellent stability and aseismic performance, as the structure bears loads and spreads it to average directions;
4. Long life up to 50 years.
- Project: Sinoacme Prefabricated Steel Structure Sports Center
- Category: Commercial
- Client: Zhangqiu